The Midnight
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the aether...

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

What are you looking for in a lover?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Miss Courtnah
Peon
Miss Courtnah

What are you looking for in a lover? Vide
PostSubject: What are you looking for in a lover?   What are you looking for in a lover? EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 9:41 pm

You know. What are your standards and preferences?

Personally I'd like to find someone that didn't:
- Smoke
- Drink
- Do drugs
- Obsess over sex

Also. I'd love him to be a well-mannered gentleman.

I feel the need to say that, because it's amazing how many girls go for the 'player' types.
Or guys that end up beating and or raping them.

Ugh...
Back to top Go down
Kaos
Peon
Kaos

PostSubject: Re: What are you looking for in a lover?   What are you looking for in a lover? EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 9:59 pm

Well, I'm more or less looking for the first person that will accept me.
The problem with this is, I'll probably end up being manipulated to meet their ends, but I won't leave because I crave the affection more than anything in the world.
Smoking - Bothers me.
Drinking - Does not (being drunk and/or stupid does, however)
Drugs - I admit I've been high a couple times... I don't really find anything wrong with it, but I also don't find it to be anything really special, and I fail to see the mass appeal in it.
Sex - I don't care. I want to be together with someone. If sex is involved, great. If not, that's fine, too. I don't believe in pressuring others into it, though. I do, however, think the public demonizes it far more than necessary. It doesn't have to be a gross or especially naughty thing. If you're both ready, and you partake in a loving and passionate fit of love-making, what's really wrong with that?

And as for the girls that go for the "player" types, view my rant about high school girls somewhere in the dating section.
Back to top Go down
Miss Courtnah
Peon
Miss Courtnah

PostSubject: Re: What are you looking for in a lover?   What are you looking for in a lover? EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 10:14 pm

Yeah. Drinking to the point of being drunk is a total turn off to me and shows irresponsibility. As for 'being high' yeah, it's really not that bad. Smoking is hell of a lot worse. But it being a habit is bad. And that's what I'd want to stay away from when seeking a partner.

Sex, well, I imagine can be an amazing thing. Given that all the emotions are right. I've actually talked to a friend one time. She was saying how afraid she was of how much it'd hurt during the first time. I actually was able to make her feel better about it by saying if she's ready, and so in love- her emotions are bound to cover the pain. As though it wasn't even there. Yay for passion. I know that after I find that person, and after we're married- there's going to be a lot of physical contact <3

Also, while I'm on this topic. I suppose my 'waiting to marriage' deal is so easy to go along with considering I've never dated / been in love / etc. etc. So there's been no temptation.
Back to top Go down
Kaos
Peon
Kaos

PostSubject: Re: What are you looking for in a lover?   What are you looking for in a lover? EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 10:20 pm

Yeah, I don't really believe in waiting until marriage (when it feels right, it feels right)... but I definitely don't believe in promiscuity.

EDIT: Agreed regarding your other areas. I could even come to peace with a "social smoker" as long as they weren't addicted. Drinking I'm actually quite fond of given the correct opportunity, but not being drunk, and not drinking all the time, and CERTAINLY not doing something stupid like driving anytime around it.
Back to top Go down
Miss Courtnah
Peon
Miss Courtnah

PostSubject: Re: What are you looking for in a lover?   What are you looking for in a lover? EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 10:27 pm

Lots of people don't. Heck, my parents didn't even wait. The thing with me- is- I'm afraid that if I were to become intimate with someone, and we ended up breaking up. I'd fall apart and just not want to deal with love anymore. Then again. Now-a-days people are divorcing like crazy. So... I guess either way it's a risk.

Wow. I just kind of flushed my waiting until marriage logic.

But still. I'd like to find someone who'd be able to wait that long.

Huh... yeah, there's my paranoia showing.

Well, this was definitely eye-opening for me.

You know what.

"when it feels right, it feels right"
Chances if it feels right- and there's no worry.
Or fear.

It is right.
Back to top Go down
Kaos
Peon
Kaos

PostSubject: Re: What are you looking for in a lover?   What are you looking for in a lover? EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 10:38 pm

Whoa, whoa, now.
I don't mean to contradict myself, but the willingness to stay a virgin until marriage is a very respectable value.
Then again, the willingness may be enough. Knowing you've found someone that's just willing to wait with you may indicate the right person, anyway.
Back to top Go down
Miss Courtnah
Peon
Miss Courtnah

PostSubject: Re: What are you looking for in a lover?   What are you looking for in a lover? EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 10:42 pm

Yes! Exactly. I would love that.
Sharing such an intimate time with each other.
Knowing that you're the only one they've ever been that way with.
And vis versa.
Back to top Go down
Kaos
Peon
Kaos

PostSubject: Re: What are you looking for in a lover?   What are you looking for in a lover? EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 10:49 pm

I'm lonely now.
Back to top Go down
Miss Courtnah
Peon
Miss Courtnah

PostSubject: Re: What are you looking for in a lover?   What are you looking for in a lover? EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 10:51 pm

D: I wish I could help T.T
Back to top Go down
Kaos
Peon
Kaos

PostSubject: Re: What are you looking for in a lover?   What are you looking for in a lover? EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 10:57 pm

Want my address? Wink
Back to top Go down
Miss Courtnah
Peon
Miss Courtnah

PostSubject: Re: What are you looking for in a lover?   What are you looking for in a lover? EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 10:59 pm

Sadly I don't have my license.
IF I did though. I'd totally go hang out with you.
Back to top Go down
Kaos
Peon
Kaos

PostSubject: Re: What are you looking for in a lover?   What are you looking for in a lover? EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 11:01 pm

I was unaware of that. Do you carpool, or does someone just drive to and from?
Back to top Go down
Miss Courtnah
Peon
Miss Courtnah

PostSubject: Re: What are you looking for in a lover?   What are you looking for in a lover? EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 11:04 pm

My parents help out.

I mean. I have a car- and I have for years.
I just... uh.. haven't went to the place to get my license yet...

But the good thing is that I plan on doing that in the next couple of weeks.
Back to top Go down
TVent
Peon
TVent

PostSubject: Re: What are you looking for in a lover?   What are you looking for in a lover? EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 11:06 pm

My interest in a lover?

Someone who'll be there to talk to, who'll notice and care about things I do...

Someone that won't go "you should wear your hair this way!" I hate that. It's my hair. It's on my head, not yours. Sad

I just want love and attention...and snuggles.
is that too much to ask?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/MistahV
Kaos
Peon
Kaos

PostSubject: Re: What are you looking for in a lover?   What are you looking for in a lover? EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 11:09 pm

Haha... I got a car when I was 15... I got my license when I was 18 Wink
Back to top Go down
TVent
Peon
TVent

PostSubject: Re: What are you looking for in a lover?   What are you looking for in a lover? EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 11:11 pm

Also...what about smoking while driving/at work? Both of those stress and bore me, and smoking lightens that. Is it still bad?
Back to top Go down
Miss Courtnah
Peon
Miss Courtnah

PostSubject: Re: What are you looking for in a lover?   What are you looking for in a lover? EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 11:12 pm

Oh nice. Basketball
Are you the type to name your car?
If so, what's his/her name?
Back to top Go down
Kaos
Peon
Kaos

PostSubject: Re: What are you looking for in a lover?   What are you looking for in a lover? EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 11:14 pm

Remember my post about NAG? My group of friends?
We all named our cars.
Mine is named Cornelius.
Back to top Go down
Miss Courtnah
Peon
Miss Courtnah

PostSubject: Re: What are you looking for in a lover?   What are you looking for in a lover? EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 11:16 pm

OMFG.
Like... like....

Prince Cornelius?
Back to top Go down
Kaos
Peon
Kaos

PostSubject: Re: What are you looking for in a lover?   What are you looking for in a lover? EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 11:19 pm

Cornelius is one of the false names given by the narrator in Fight Club.
Sorry to disappoint.
Back to top Go down
Miss Courtnah
Peon
Miss Courtnah

PostSubject: Re: What are you looking for in a lover?   What are you looking for in a lover? EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 11:20 pm

Haha, it's fine.
Back to top Go down
Teettot
Slave
Teettot

PostSubject: Re: What are you looking for in a lover?   What are you looking for in a lover? EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 12:53 am

This is something that I have spent so much time thinking about. All of my friends have jokes about the fact that I have never even kissed a girl. However, it doesn't bother me because I like to believe that there is somebody for everyone. When it comes to what I am looking for in a lover, I want a girl that is honestly looking for somebody special and not simply somebody. I'm terrified of rejection, so I am honestly too scared to even tell a girl I like her unless I am certain that she is exactly what I want in a girl. It's so hard for me to even explain what I'm looking for.

I dislike smoking and drinking because it shows that you do not care enough about your own health.
I want somebody that isn't in a relationship for sex (too many girls seem to think men are the only ones, but we all know thats a lie). I want a relationship that is far more than merely a physical one. I feel happy about sharing this. I don't usually share stuff like that
Back to top Go down
TVent
Peon
TVent

PostSubject: Re: What are you looking for in a lover?   What are you looking for in a lover? EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 12:57 am

Teettot wrote:
This is something that I have spent so much time thinking about. All of my friends have jokes about the fact that I have never even kissed a girl. However, it doesn't bother me because I like to believe that there is somebody for everyone. When it comes to what I am looking for in a lover, I want a girl that is honestly looking for somebody special and not simply somebody. I'm terrified of rejection, so I am honestly too scared to even tell a girl I like her unless I am certain that she is exactly what I want in a girl. It's so hard for me to even explain what I'm looking for.

I dislike smoking and drinking because it shows that you do not care enough about your own health.
I want somebody that isn't in a relationship for sex (too many girls seem to think men are the only ones, but we all know thats a lie). I want a relationship that is far more than merely a physical one. I feel happy about sharing this. I don't usually share stuff like that

+1
Back to top Go down
Miss Courtnah
Peon
Miss Courtnah

PostSubject: Re: What are you looking for in a lover?   What are you looking for in a lover? EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 11:28 pm

Oh cool. My car's name is Matt.
Lyk srsly.

And it's kinda awkward now.
Cause there's 3 Matts on my friendlist.

An anytime I mention 'Matt'
They're probably like, "Eh eh?"

Ha.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you looking for in a lover?   What are you looking for in a lover? Empty

Back to top Go down

What are you looking for in a lover?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Midnight :: Human Relations :: Dating-