The Midnight
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the aether...

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Legalize,Educate,Moerate,Regulate

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sharif
Peon
Sharif

Legalize,Educate,Moerate,Regulate Vide
PostSubject: Legalize,Educate,Moerate,Regulate   Legalize,Educate,Moerate,Regulate EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 2:00 pm

Ummm idk if anyone still comes here but here it goes anyways.

What do you think about the legalization of drugs in the U.S. Good or bad idea? Why or whynot?
Back to top Go down
Sharif
Peon
Sharif

PostSubject: Re: Legalize,Educate,Moerate,Regulate   Legalize,Educate,Moerate,Regulate EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 3:52 pm

All I know is, the Portugal decriminalized all narcotics, and their crime rate has dropped dramaticly.
Back to top Go down
Sharif
Peon
Sharif

PostSubject: Re: Legalize,Educate,Moerate,Regulate   Legalize,Educate,Moerate,Regulate EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 9:03 am

I am speaking of drug related crime rates. Theft, gang violence, drving under the influence, ect.
Back to top Go down
Sharif
Peon
Sharif

PostSubject: Re: Legalize,Educate,Moerate,Regulate   Legalize,Educate,Moerate,Regulate EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 5:05 pm

Stealing, robbery, armed robbery, public intoxication, and driving under the influence are all still crimes there. But, since decriminalization, the number of those crimes that were directly related to drugs (people stealing and robbing for drug money, fighting over gang turf to sell drugs, ect) have dropped 89%. If you are caught with over a 10 day supply, you are taken in and examined and if you show signs of being an addict, you go to rehab. The number of addicts among drug user dropped from 53% to 25 % after the first 2 years of decriminalization. Also, the number of those who contract HIV a year has decreased, due to direct access to clean needles.
Back to top Go down
Sharif
Peon
Sharif

PostSubject: Re: Legalize,Educate,Moerate,Regulate   Legalize,Educate,Moerate,Regulate EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 9:02 pm

Thats a great question that I have also been pondering myself. Theres some pretty sensible anarchist theories on the matter.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Legalize,Educate,Moerate,Regulate   Legalize,Educate,Moerate,Regulate Empty

Back to top Go down

Legalize,Educate,Moerate,Regulate

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Midnight :: Current Events :: Politics-