The Midnight
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the aether...

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Atheist call to arms

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Sharif
Peon
Sharif

Atheist call to arms Vide
PostSubject: Atheist call to arms   Atheist call to arms EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 10:31 pm

The irony of religion is that, because of its power to divert man and set him on destructive courses, it could actually cause the earth to come to an end. The plain fact is that religion must die for mankind to live. The hour is getting late to be able to indulge in having key decisions made by religious people. People who would lead their country not by reason but by the equivalent of reading the entrails of a chicken. George Bush prayed a lot about Iraq but he didn't really do a lot about its situation. Faith is making a virtue out of not thinking. It's nothing to brag about. And those who preach faith and enable it are intellectual slave holders, who keep mankind in a bondage of fantasy and nonsense that has spawned and justified so much lunacy and destruction. Religion is dangerous because it allows people who don't have all the answers to think that they do. Most people think it's wonderful when someone says 'i'm willing, lord, i'll do whatever you want me to" except that, since there are no gods actually talking to us, that void is filled by people, with their own corruption, limitations, and agendas. And when someone tells you that they just absolutley know what happens when you die i promise you they don't. How can i be so sure? Because i don't know what happens, and you do not possess mental powers that i don't. The only appropriate attitude for man to have about the big questions isn't the arrogant certitude that has become the hallmark of religion, but doubt. Doubt is humble. And that is what man needs to be considering the fact that human history is a liten of getting shit dead wrong. This is why rationalists and anti-religious people need to stop being afraid and assert themselves. And those of you who consider yourself only moderately religious need to take a step back and look in the mirror and realize that the solace and comfort that religion brings you actually comes at a terrible price. If you belonged to a political party of a social clud that was tied in with as much bigotry, homophobia, violence towards women, racism, and plain ignorance as religion is, you would forever reside in protest. Religious people tend to have a longing for the end of days so they can go be with their god, which really drains all will to improve life here on earth if your working so hard to get to the next life. Life is so precious and beautiful. Such a rare gift to have. out of the millions of sperm cells you're the one who made it through. How could you be so greedy as to want another life after this one? You already have so much. If the world really does end soon or if it limps into the future, devastated by the effects of a religious inspired nuclear terrorism, lets remember what the real problem was. that we learned how to precipitate and justify mass death, before we got passed the ignorance of praying for it. So, that's it. Grow up, or wait and see what happen to this world. Peace.
Back to top Go down
Sharif
Peon
Sharif

PostSubject: Re: Atheist call to arms   Atheist call to arms EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 9:33 am

Satistics show that atheism is now the third largest belief in the world. Thats right. We beat out judaism. So where are all of these people? I never see or meet that many atheists in person. Ill tell you where their at. Their scared. Their scared and they shouldn't have to be. If more anti religious people would come out of the closet so to speak about being atheist, We could get alot more done. Like getting out there and educating people about the true nature of atheism. I live in tennessee. The very religious south. And if you were to just come out and tell everyone right now that you were an atheist it would be commiting social suicide. And it should't have to be that way. I think if people actually opened their eyes they would start to see why so many people are turning to atheism. The conversion rates have been steadily climbing over the years. But they need to climb faster before the world ends up being annihillated or we see another mass killing in the name of religion. I know I know, not all religious people are bad. But the ones who are good are helping the ones who are bad. The bad ones draw their legitimacy from all of the good people. Its time to do away with silly beliefs. There are plenty of real things out there to believe in. Life, love, courage, honor, freedom, integrity, family, friends, ect. And if someone can't be happy with just the few things i mentioned, if T...

Sorry. didnt get to finish lol. I wa going to say if they just HAVE to have an imaginary friend to believe in. If they really can't be satisfyed with believing in love, life, courage, and all that other good stuff i mentioned before, Then something is wrong with them. At that point i would say that they are border line of having a neurological disorder.
Back to top Go down
The Host
Host of the Order of Midnight
The Host

PostSubject: Re: Atheist call to arms   Atheist call to arms EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 3:37 pm

I don't know what circles you have been around, but I have met many, MANY an out and proud atheist. They are everywhere! Scared? Not likely. Maybe you just haven't been looking hard enough. None of the Atheists I know have met any sort of opposition from the religious folk, just as I have never received opposition for being Muslim.
Back to top Go down
https://themidnight.forumotion.com
TVent
Peon
TVent

PostSubject: Re: Atheist call to arms   Atheist call to arms EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 5:14 pm

Would you like me to offer you opposition for being muslim? I can think up some radical bigotry if you like.
Just so you feel properly treated as an american.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/MistahV
Sharif
Peon
Sharif

PostSubject: Re: Atheist call to arms   Atheist call to arms EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 8:04 am

Well the atheist people I have met are VERY afraid of being hated for the way they are. Because there afraid of religious opposition. Which is something that can never be offered by anyone if you know your stuff. Muslim opposition? Oh there is plenty. But thats a story for another time.
Back to top Go down
The Host
The Host

PostSubject: Re: Atheist call to arms   Atheist call to arms EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 9:12 am

I am just saying, most people I know don't care if someone is Muslim, or Atheist, or whatever. I have hardly met many judgmental people our age.
Back to top Go down
Sharif
Peon
Sharif

PostSubject: Re: Atheist call to arms   Atheist call to arms EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 1:05 pm

Are you kidding? how do you explain cliques then? Jokcks, preps, stoners, gays, ect. You think they gave themselves those lables? No. Our age group id by far the most judgmentel especially about religion.
Back to top Go down
The Host
The Host

PostSubject: Re: Atheist call to arms   Atheist call to arms EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 2:29 pm

Umm.. I would think they give them those labels, and in High School, I had friends in all those so called "Cliques". Maybe SMHS has changed Sad
Back to top Go down
Sharif
Peon
Sharif

PostSubject: Re: Atheist call to arms   Atheist call to arms EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 2:37 pm

Do you think a band kid could set at the jock table without being black balled? hell no. The same way an atheist can't hang with super christians.
Back to top Go down
The Host
The Host

PostSubject: Re: Atheist call to arms   Atheist call to arms EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 2:42 pm

There's.... there's a Jock table?! Oh God, that sounds awful No

I always ran with the thought that as long as someone was easily gotten along with, that was all that really mattered. I saw the redneck jocks hanging out with Choir kids, and the Wiccans and Pagans all got along with the super christians. Sad
Back to top Go down
TVent
Peon
TVent

PostSubject: Re: Atheist call to arms   Atheist call to arms EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 2:47 pm

Social prejudice between cultures, activities, colors, and beliefs, no matter how bad they are, are a simple fact of life....they won't ever really end. You just have to deal with them, stop being afraid, and live as you, no matter what people think about you. Be proud and stand tall, show people that they can't scare you away from being you.
It's what I did.
Back to top Go down
The Host
The Host

PostSubject: Re: Atheist call to arms   Atheist call to arms EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 2:50 pm

Perhaps I was just so accepting of everyone, I didn't notice the prejudice.

Although, I was fairly liked amongst all groups in High School... for some reason scratch

But anyway, back to the original subject...
Back to top Go down
Kaos
Peon
Kaos

PostSubject: Re: Atheist call to arms   Atheist call to arms EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 4:04 pm

Sounds like high school stereotypes here to me... I was at CCHS all four years, and I could run with any clique and get along fine... I find it's those that are afraid of what people think of them or those with a prior hate or jealousy for others that don't "fit in" but then, they don't seem to care, anyway. Now, if you're a one that's afraid of what other people think of you... don't be. I was at first. I stopped caring what other people think though, and found many friends. If people don't like you for a quality, then they aren't worth being friends with. -shrug-
Back to top Go down
Sharif
Peon
Sharif

PostSubject: Re: Atheist call to arms   Atheist call to arms EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 9:26 pm

I personaly am not afraid and by now everyone knows im a very outspoken atheist. I can run with just about any group. But everytime i run into a hardcore religious person or a redneck i catch hell. But i tell them politely to suck my balls and continue on my merry way. But I know alot of kids who are scared to death of someone finding out their beliefs. And thats not right. Atheism is becoming very socially acceptable every where else. I mean the de- conversion rates would blow your mind. But its here. in the south that its still a very taboo thing. And that should change.
Back to top Go down
TVent
Peon
TVent

PostSubject: Re: Atheist call to arms   Atheist call to arms EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 9:28 pm

Welcome to Bible Belt, America. The most religious part of the United States! Good luck running all the hardcore Christians out. Or getting them to change.
Back to top Go down
Sharif
Peon
Sharif

PostSubject: Re: Atheist call to arms   Atheist call to arms EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 9:57 am

And I would troll on a board of mostly like minded people because?????? lol. If i was gonna troll I would have wrote this under christianity. This is far from trollin. But why do you hope I am infamy?
Back to top Go down
Sharif
Peon
Sharif

PostSubject: Re: Atheist call to arms   Atheist call to arms EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 11:56 am

Do you disagree with my post sir? If so, why? Feel free to call me out. Or try to anyways
Back to top Go down
Sharif
Peon
Sharif

PostSubject: Re: Atheist call to arms   Atheist call to arms EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 1:41 pm

Im only suggesting that people need to start asserting themselves more as atheists. Im not speaking of armed revolt.
Back to top Go down
Sharif
Peon
Sharif

PostSubject: Re: Atheist call to arms   Atheist call to arms EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 3:32 pm

*looks at the infamys lack of knowladge on metaphors*. Its not litteral there padre. And if it were to come to that We would be fucked because the muslims have all the bombs. :0 did he go there? Yes. he did.
Back to top Go down
TVent
Peon
TVent

PostSubject: Re: Atheist call to arms   Atheist call to arms EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 6:17 pm

I dunno, I think US. )the us(, which mostly, still identifies as christians, )lul, yehrite( has like 264387457 more bombs than anyone else!
Back to top Go down
TVent
Peon
TVent

PostSubject: Re: Atheist call to arms   Atheist call to arms EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 8:21 pm

I has more knowladge than you both, boyos.
Back to top Go down
Sharif
Peon
Sharif

PostSubject: Re: Atheist call to arms   Atheist call to arms EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 9:02 pm

My bad. I misspelled knowledge. Its because I took some meds for my flu and iv been fading in and out today. So just bare with me on the grammer lol. Any ways, The muslim thing was a joke. But atheists vs muslims? hmmmm. Conversion rates are remarkably close. Idk on this one. Atheism has been on a steady rise for the past twenty years and in the latest census taken it was shown that 60% of all americans were atheist, agnostic, or just didnt care about religion at all. Thats outstanding. That means were winning. But the media hides this shit like crazy. "America was founded on christian principles Hurr Durr". yeah right. Most of the founding fathers were atheists.
Back to top Go down
TVent
Peon
TVent

PostSubject: Re: Atheist call to arms   Atheist call to arms EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 9:09 pm

...You're winning? Are you honestly waging war with religion and saying that people should stop believing in one thing to disbelieve in...all things?
Back to top Go down
Sharif
Peon
Sharif

PostSubject: Re: Atheist call to arms   Atheist call to arms EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 9:23 pm

Ha ha. As terrible as that may be to some im afraid that is exactly wh at is happening Very Happy
Back to top Go down
TVent
Peon
TVent

PostSubject: Re: Atheist call to arms   Atheist call to arms EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 9:28 pm

so...you're answering prejudice and hate with the same in turn?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Atheist call to arms   Atheist call to arms Empty

Back to top Go down

Atheist call to arms

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Midnight :: Religion :: Atheism-