The Midnight
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the aether...

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Atheist call to arms

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Sharif
Peon
Sharif

Atheist call to arms - Page 2 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Atheist call to arms   Atheist call to arms - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 9:39 pm

No. There are plenty of things to believe in without having to believe in an imaginary friend. You people don't want to get into this with me. But if you decide you do, then give me one good creationist argument. If you cant then move along.
Back to top Go down
Sharif
Peon
Sharif

PostSubject: Re: Atheist call to arms   Atheist call to arms - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 9:41 pm

Im not sayin chop off their dicks, im saying try your best to rationalize with them and make them see the world for what it is. NOT THROUGH VIOLENCE.
Back to top Go down
TVent
Peon
TVent

PostSubject: Re: Atheist call to arms   Atheist call to arms - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 10:00 pm

It's not about -having- to believe. It's about -wanting- to. It's a choice to believe, or not believe....what you're suggesting is that nobody should believe at all.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/MistahV
Sharif
Peon
Sharif

PostSubject: Re: Atheist call to arms   Atheist call to arms - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 7:05 am

People don't believe in god because they - want - to. They do it because they feel they - have - to in order to save their soul. Its not a hobby. And again, your missing the point. Just because you don't believe in god dosen't mean you don't believe in anything at all. It just means you can finally start believing in what religion makes you take for granted. The preaciousness of your life.

EDIT:
Heres some lovely holy doctrine for ya. (read my sig )
Back to top Go down
TVent
Peon
TVent

PostSubject: Re: Atheist call to arms   Atheist call to arms - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 8:44 pm

Quote :
Think not that I have come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. Matthew 10:34

Jesus was telling the Apostles that he had not come to bring peace, but had in fact come to rouse the true believers to break away from the Roman oppression and the old ways, had come to bring about change, and, foresaw, that this would result in conflict.

As for the quote from the Qu'ran, I can't speak there. Host! SPEAK!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/MistahV
The Host
Host of the Order of Midnight
The Host

PostSubject: Re: Atheist call to arms   Atheist call to arms - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 9:23 pm

Actually, it is sorta the same message. In context, Allah(swt) is speaking about those who go astray to their own loss, and whom the unbelievers (in this case, the pagans around Mecca and the Arabian Peninsula) drove back into wicked ways. Allah(swt) is speaking in the royal "We", and is referring to the conflict that Islam would impose on their sinful lifestyle and ways, and in this way would "terrorize" them.

The whole of the before and after verses are talking about keeping on the straight way and what can be expected as a result of not doing so, in a matter-of-fact sort of way
Back to top Go down
https://themidnight.forumotion.com
Sharif
Peon
Sharif

PostSubject: Re: Atheist call to arms   Atheist call to arms - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 9:27 pm

You can't just twist the words of the bible around to suit you. And im sorry, but was jesus known as the prince of peace or the prince of Starting conflict? Because this little "conflict" as you call it happened to be a key factor in bringing down a little thing called the Roman empire. And if his word depends on the salvation of our souls why be so cryptic about it? If he ment to say he had in fact come to rouse the true believers to break away from the Roman oppression and the old ways, then why did he not just say that? Why reference a symbol associated with killing and effing people up? How do you explain this one then? Luke 19:27 But those enemies of mine who did not want me to rule over them--bring them here and kill them in front of me. Was he slaying them as a symbol of freeing the true believers minds from the old ways? lol.

EDIT:
Its a pretty well establised historical fact that Muhammed did't cast terror into the hearts of the pagens by imposition. If you defy impose as slaughter then yes, that is exactly what happened. And then the century after muhammed kicked the bucket his followers would go on to conquer 90% of the known world. And No, they didnt do it through imposition. They did it by being badass arabians with swords. The same swords jesus brought us instead of peace. lol. And that still dosen't answer the whole the unbelievers home will be hellfire deal. Man, for such important messages of salvation jesus and his arabian counter part sure did a lousy job of being straight forward. Such cryptic messages. lol kidding. This is why most people of faith don't take their holy books litteral. Because this way it is easier to make a terrible thing such as the verses in my sig sound like a not as terrible but still pretty shitty thing.

EDIT:
No snappy come backs? Infamy? kaos? Tvent? host? Anyone?
Back to top Go down
Sharif
Peon
Sharif

PostSubject: Re: Atheist call to arms   Atheist call to arms - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 9:32 pm

I hate the way debate threads just kind of fizzle out like this.
Back to top Go down
The Host
Host of the Order of Midnight
The Host

PostSubject: Re: Atheist call to arms   Atheist call to arms - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 9:48 am

I haven't had time to read or reply. Some of us have very busy lives...
Back to top Go down
https://themidnight.forumotion.com
Sharif
Peon
Sharif

PostSubject: Re: Atheist call to arms   Atheist call to arms - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 4:33 pm

I work 2 jobs and go to school and still make time for myself. But thats not the point
Back to top Go down
Sharif
Peon
Sharif

PostSubject: Re: Atheist call to arms   Atheist call to arms - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 4:55 pm

Plus this is the only site besides myspace I frequent XD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Atheist call to arms   Atheist call to arms - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Atheist call to arms

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Midnight :: Religion :: Atheism-